HappyHour at thecrimsonsink…pretty well looks like this! BBQ Corn w/ BasilButter + CoconutPineapple & Ginger Smoothies. I’ve upped my intake of pineapple over the last few weeks not only because it seems to be ‘in season’ but it also apparently does wonders for inflammation – something I’ve dealt with due to catching strep back in February. The flu seems to be making a repeat appearance this season – be sure to take care of yourself❤
- 1/4 cup salted butter, unsalted *room temp
- 5-7 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1&1/2 tsp fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch white or black pepper
- 4-6 whole corn on the cob, still in husks - soak for 10mins in water
- 1 cup frozen fresh pineapple pieces - peel, core, chop, & freeze *the night before
- 1 cup frozen banana pieces - peel, chop, & freeze *the night before
- 1&1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk *carton
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1&1/2-2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- ground ginger *topping
Combine the butter, basil, lemon rind, and pepper into a bowl. Stir well. Ready to use or store in the fridge.
On high heat, place the whole soaked corn onto the BBQ. Cook for about 15minutes, turning every 3minutes, until evenly charred. Turn off the heat and remove from the BBQ. Allow to cool slightly and then peel off the husks & slather on the butter.
*If the husks seem to be quite thick, you can peel a few off. If the corn kernels become exposed, that's fine too - they will just char slightly but that's actually another delicious way to cook corn on the BBQ.
Add all of the listed ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour the smoothie into your favourite glass. Top things off with a little ground ginger. Enjoy.