- 1&1/2 cups quinoa flakes - or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw petitas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, roasted - or alternative nut
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 3/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic cocoa powder
In a large bowl combine the quinoa flakes, hemp hearts, ground flax, sunflower seeds, pepitas, coconut, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips. Stir and set aside.
In a pot over low/med heat, add the brown rice syrup, almond butter, and sea salt. Stir and bring to a gentle boil. Allow to boil for 2mins without stirring. Remove from heat, stir, and add the vanilla & cocoa powder. Stir well.
Pour the warm mixture over the bowl of ingredients that was set aside. Gently fold until completely combined - may take some muscle. *It does cool quickly so once combined, transfer to prepared baking sheet.
Line a 9x9inch baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon in the bar mixture. Lightly wet your hands and press down, spreading the mixture out evenly.
Store in the fridge for at least 1hr, or freezer for 15mins, to set. Cut into desired size bars/pieces and enjoy. Keep in fridge. Good for +7days.
~You can get away with 2/3cup organic brown rice syrup if you like bars more 'firm' rather than chewy.
~They freeze well - good for 1month.