Coming at you with this HOT MESS – Mediterranean Zoodles…ok, mixed in with some (rice/quinoa) spaghetti noodles. Have to have some pasta in there! This is one of our go-to pasta dishes for the warmer months. Just look at ALL of those flavours!…AND simply dressed in a mixture of garlic, fresh lemon juice, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Sounds like summer to me. Yum.
For an easy plant based feta cheese recipe, click here!
This is one of our go-to pasta dishes for the warmer months. Just look at ALL of those flavours!…AND simply dressed in a mixture of garlic, fresh lemon juice, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Sounds like summer to me. Yum.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt – more to taste
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion – cut in thin wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralled *med. to large spirals work best
- 100 g spaghetti noodles *gluten free (rice/quinoa blend)
- 1/4-1/3 cup kalamata olives – halved & pitted
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, patted dry
- 5-7 large fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese *plant based
- pepper to taste
*Prepare the spaghetti noodles as per package instructions. Strain off much of the water and set off to the side. If using a rice noodle, toss the noodles in a little olive oil once strained – prevents pasta from sticking together.
In a large skillet over med. heat, add the oil, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and sun dried tomatoes. Stirring often, bring up to temperature and then turn to med./low.
Add the parsley and red onion. Sauté for 2-3mins, or until fragrant – the onion should be just shy of tender.
Toss in the spiralled zucchini, *turn the heat back up to med., and gently stir/fold until combined. Cook for another 2mins, or until the zucchini is nearing tender.
Remove from heat, and add the prepared pasta noodles, olives, artichoke hearts, and basil. Gently toss to combine.
Top with feta and pepper to taste.
Serve warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Good for 2-3days.