Salad! Prior to Instagram, I never thought much about how my food looked – the people I feed just care that it tastes good. For me, it was nutrition (& of course, taste). Now, naming food…never really thought much about it either. SO, if you have any suggestions, ever, please feel free. I would love to hear! This scrumptious salad is full of Kale, SwissChard, Quinoa, Pears, Roasted Pistachios, & Goat Cheese paired with a delicious Aged WhiteWine Vinegar Dressing. It didn’t take long for this salad to gain some serious loyal fans. It’s kinda like things run on a loop in my kitchen: “…we love it! Can we have it again this weekend!?” – the feasters.
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 3 tbsp aged white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated (or 1/2tsp ground)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh organic kale - washed, stemmed, dried, & chopped
- 1 bunch fresh organic swiss chard - washed, dried, & chopped
- 2 cups tri-colour quinoa, *cooked - as per package instructions
- 3-5 green onions, chopped
- 2 fresh ripe pears, cored & sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, chilled
- 2 tbsp cranberry powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled & roasted - oven at 325*F for about 5mins; until fragrant
In a jar or small container, combine all of the ingredients except the grape seed oil. Use a hand blender and while blending, slowly add the grape seed oil - will thicken the dressing. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Good for 3-5days.
Add the prepared kale, swiss chard, quinoa, and sliced pears to a large bowl and gently toss. Drizzle the dressing over & toss. Roll the goat cheese in the cranberry powder and slice into 1cm rounds. Top salad with the chopped green onions, roasted pistachios, and goat cheese rounds. Ready to serve.
~If you don't have a hand blender, add all of the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake well, or in a bowl and whisk the ingredients until well combined.